Sunday 24 February 2013

On the Catwalk, On a Celebrity: Khadijah Shah of Elan, in Elan

I saw this today on Pakistani blog A Wardrobe Affair and thought I'd re-post the two looks, designer Khadijah Shah of Elan wearing one of her own designs to a wedding (I also LOVED this Farhad Hussayn outfit being worn by one of the guests at the same wedding!). This was a grey and peach outfit which was quite a stylish outfit on catwalk, and I thought the colour combination was quite different.

While I think this would be a slightly difficult outfit to pull off (out of the catwalk, that is!) because it is essentially a bridal outfit, and it's quite heavy, I think Khadijah does manage to look great in it. Maybe it's partly because she's tall and the outfit sits well on her, or maybe it's because she doesn't look OTT in this by having too much jewellery or done-up hair. I'm not sure which looks better, the celeb or the model on the catwalk, each have their own merits and I think it looks pretty on both - certainly only at a star-studded wedding would a guest be able to wear a bridal lengha!

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment