Wednesday 22 June 2011

GLAMOROUS ACCESSORIES: Origami Paper Flower Bouquets

One very cute bridal accessory that I have come across recently is Origami paper flower bouquets, the cheaper alternatives to fresh flowers. This is a great idea for those of you who are on a budget for your wedding, yet want something that will a little different and stand out. For many as well, its a wedding piece which will endure, and a sure keepsake of your wedding.






There are many examples of wedding bouquets using Origami paper flowers, and I think there is still a whole market here to explore and really use your imagination with. It is something that will add a lovely splash of colour, and gives a twist to those women who don't want the usual look.



Image Source

There's lots of videos out there for those who want to try their hand at making a bouquet, or for others who can't quite get the finished look they like, they can buy some online, although these may not be very cheap.
Would anyone consider using these for their wedding?

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I'm looking to do an origami wedding, and the costs so far are so much cheaper than ordering real flowers. This site gave me some cool ideas to incorporate into my wedding as well. For 24 centerpieces, 5 bouquets, 5 corsages, and 5 boutonierres I did about $200 between Staples and Michaels. These centerpieces were pretty small so there's 3 per table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I recently got married and the origami flowers worked like a treat. Many of my guests commented on how realistic they looked, and my girlfriends had said they were going to do the same thing for their weddings. Thank you so much for this brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great to hear, I'm glad they were a hit! I've not seen any real origami flowers at weddings, but I'd love to see some because they look so pretty and delicate, and they're a great keepsake too! Congrats on the wedding :)

      Delete
  3. yes my daughter wants to have a flower party with her junior bridesmaids and make these for the bouquets

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making my own right now!! So excited! But I am using book pages since it is a book themed wedding!

    ReplyDelete