Thursday 27 December 2012

KAPRAY SHAPRAY: Mint Green and Hot Pink Maxi by Tena Durani

I've come across this designer courtesy of that wonderful forum at the ever-useful Gupshup website, which had a picture of this outfit, which I thought was just lovely, by Pakistan based designer Tena Durrani. What I like about this design is how elegant and feminine it looks, it's embellished yet doesn't look heavy, and the colour combination used here is pretty. I've never been a fan of mixing blues with pink (I've seen some horrible examples from the 90s and Noughties which put me off), but here it looks fresh, simple and pretty.

What I also like is how, like other pieces from the designer's collection, the use of pastel colours is nice (I have always found pastels to be unflattering on Asian skin, particularly mine), but here the light blues, mint greens and pale oranges are tempered with flashes of bright colours and beautiful embroidery work.

There's a couple of other pieces which I find refreshing too (like this peach one, or this mint and hot pink one which for some reason, reminds me of the 1920s due to the model's make-up and hair). On the whole, I think these pieces are lovely, I can imagine a spring theme for them as well as a tea-party theme. Definitely a designer to keep an eye out for :)


Images from Tena Durrani Facebook group

1 comment: