Wednesday 11 July 2012

LOVELY HIJAB: Using Jhoomars as Hijab Pins

I'm always on the looks out for new hijab pins which look pretty and different, although it's not easy to find some that looks like every other hijab pin on the high street! I've often resorted to using pretty earrings, hair-slides or tikkas as hijab accessories to jazz it up a bit, which is very useful when I have a wedding to go to!

Here's what I found to match my outfit for my sister's wedding which is coming up in just a couple of months, perfectly pretty and big enough to keep my head sparkling all day long! You can't tell what the size of it is from this picture, but it's a jhoomar which is pretty big, and hangs nicely when I pin it up on my scarf.

So there's a tip for you, if you can't find a hijab pin you're happy with, use some blingy earrings, hair clips or jewellery and re-style them to your liking!


7 comments:

  1. I liked your jhoomar.It looks totally different.Can I ask you what dress are you wearing on your sister's wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a surprise! I can tell you it's blue but that's it, won't be posting a picture til the wedding happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do u get the big hijab pins to not drag your entire scarf out of shape? Iv got one and its quite heavy, so only wore it once.

    Tis moi again

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a lot of pins! I make sure they hang properly, then pin the jhoomar down so it doesn't move about too much. Also, make sure the scarf is the right material, sometimes the threads come loose and messes up the whole scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where your jumar from x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is from a random jewellery shop in Green Streets, but I've seen the same thing in a lot of shops in Green Street! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Want to buy this jhoomar whats the price?

    ReplyDelete