Thursday 26 July 2012

KAPRAY SHAPRAY: Sequinned Mink-Nude Sari by Rabani & Rakha

I'm not a huge fan of sequins on outfits, especially when there's lots of them, because it's very easy for it to look like overkill and tends to make it look cheap if not done well.
So I was pleasantly surprised by this sparkly sari by Indian designers Rabani & Rakha, with this design, a pretty mink-coloured sari with silver sequins, which manages to give a pretty sparkly without it having a heavy feel for it.

Although I think the blouse is not very wearable for some people (it feels a little skimpy up top) which some women may not feel comfortable with, I think this sari would look just as nice with a plain blouse as well, made in a more longer fit. I like the fact that this is in a classic colour and it really looks wearable for a lot of occasions - I can really imagine this being worn to a party and having a different look in the daytime as well as in the evening!


Images taken from Rabani & Rakha FB group

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you.Mostly sequins look cheap but this sari is very stunning and very well designed.

    ReplyDelete