Saturday 25 June 2016

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: The Royal Blue Threads & Motifs Dress

I wore this a little while ago to a wedding reception, and decided to go for something light and chic rather than the usual bling I go for! I bought this pret outfit last year by Threads and Motifs, a brand my sisters and I have always loved because of the high quality of embroidery on their outfits, and their very wearable pieces - we each have a few of this brand's outfits in our wardrobes.

This is the outfit that I wore, a rich royal blue dress with embroidery on the front and back. The outfit came with matching churidar pants, but I wanted to go for a different look (also is it just me always getting my big food stuck in churidar pants?!), so I opted for tailored white trousers instead. I thought this would give more of a summery look, and also look quite light and playful (or otherwise make me think I'm on holiday, which is good too!)

Here's the outfit and what I accessorised with, I decided to pick out the black and gold accents, and also make use of the Valentino Rockstuds my husband bought me! I don't usually wear a lot of black, but I though these complemented the outfit and brought it together well.



This is me wearing the outfit, which was a really comfy fit on me. I really liked how light and easy this outfit was to wear, and made a change from the heavier outfits I usually go for with weddings. I also liked the shape of the hemline, which wasn't too long and gave a nice girly look to the outfit.


Trousers - River Island
Clutch bag - LYDC
Bangles - Warehouse

All in all, this was a fun outfit because it was colourful and summery and very comfortable. I've always been a fan of the Threads and Motifs brand because it is fairly affordable (although I have noticed that a lot of UK shops sell the same outfits for a higher amount!) and because I have always gotten a lot of wear out of each outfit I have.

I'm also liking the brand's more floral and colourful pieces which have been coming up in their newer collections recently, such a floral embroidered and printed skirts, silk print kurta and embroidered trousers - I already have a few of these on my wish-list!

No comments:

Post a Comment