Monday 6 June 2011

BOLLYWOOD ISHTYLE: Anushka Sharma's Colourful Look in Band Baaja Baraat

I watched 'Band Bajaa Baraat' recently and was struck by the vibrant colours of the outfits that Anushka Sharma's character wears throughout the movie. She manages to retain a colourful Punjabi style which looks very effortless and simple rather than the usual extravagant style you may find in some other films. It especially appeals to my Punjabi roots, as it really fits in with the bubbly, sassy character that Anushka Sharma plays.

The first joda which I loved is the most iconic outfit from the film, the royal blue fitted kameez with gold-printed salwar:


Image Source

I also liked this colourful outfit she wears, which has mirrors all around the neckline and an orange and purple dip-dye dupatta:





I also thought this yellow outfit was quite sweet, especially because of the retro-looking dupatta:




Not to mention this lovely sari at the film's finale:




And Anushka's character wears a colour mix of clothes throughout the film which are quite eyecatching:









  All images owned by Yash Raj Films

I think my favourite outfit would be the royal blue outfit as it's a real party outfit and looks very flattering and easy to wear.
Which outfit do you like the most in this film?

2 comments: