Monday 23 March 2015

BOLLYWOOD ISHTYLE: The Kapoor Sisters in Anamika Khanna at Lakme Fashion Week

Kareena Kapoor and Karishma Kapoor yesterday appeared at Lakme Fashion Week to support designer Anamika Khanna, with Kareena as the showstopper, and Karishma as a guest to support her sister - both wearing the designer's clothes.

Anamika's collection was quite monochrome, with plenty of vampy blacks, shimmering silvers and whites and gorgeous worked drapes.

Kareena as the showstopper, sported a worked blouse, with a draped skirt piece and a shawl, generally giving a loose, layered look which looked striking against the dark lips and dramatic hair. While I'm not sure how wearable this piece is for the public consumer, Kareena certainly carried this off well, although I prefer the worked blouse over the skirt, which didn't really appeal to me.


Karishma also wore an Anamika Khanna ensemble, with a pretty embroidered white blouse, and a layered, draped sari which looked almost like a one-should maxi dress. Again, the sari draping didn't appeal to me much, but I loved Karishma's blouse and her make-up was spot-on, making her look fresh and glowy.


Overall I like the look the sisters went for were carried off well by them, and I'm leaning towards Karishma's look more than Kareena's mainly because it was simpler and seemed a little more wearable (I'd love to pair that blouse with a maxi skirt or another sari!).

On a side note, after seeing pictures of the after-show get together, I did think that the sisters and Kareena's husband, Saif looked sweet together, showing a relaxed friendship between the trio, with Saif just seeming like a loved-up husband appearing to support his wife!

Image source: here, here, and here

No comments:

Post a Comment