Saturday 1 March 2014

Mehndi Nights: Colourful Paper Lanterns

I love lanterns at mehndis, and I'm always looking for new ideas to try out that we can make ourselves for family weddings and events.

I love these lanterns used in a real wedding, shot by photographer Yasin Dusoroth in for a wedding that he worked at - they look simple yet very, very pretty. The paper lanterns in the first picture are ones which I love because they look so simple yet they work well together - I can imagine these being easy to find or make and they are perfect for someone with a small budget. I've seen lanterns like this on eBay and in pound shops - add some stringed-beads (again online or in shops, you could even get kids beaded necklaces and drape them!) and the look is done - simple yet striking!



Images belong to YasinDusoruthPhotograpy

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Just wanted to say really like your blog. It is very informative and down to earth. If possible, can I have your email address as I would like to ask you some questions about your clothes and where you get ti from. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, feel free to email me! It's nafeesablue@gmail.com :)

      Delete