Monday 4 March 2013

KAPRAY SHAPRAY: Deepika in Black & Gold by Abu Jani & Sandeep.

I really like this gold and black Abu Jani & Sandeep ensemble worn by Deepika at the beginning of this year, a gold and black embellished high neck kameez top with plain churidar bottoms, which is set off with very simple jewellery and make-up, and a very elegant hair-style. I'm not keen on outfits which are covered in bling all over, but this has been done very beautifully, and I'm a big fan of jacket-style outfits which look like sherwanis. I also think black and gold is a timeless and classic colour combination which can't go wrong, and certainly it has been well balanced out in this case.

I also noted that Pinkvilla had covered this same outfit, which was also worn by Aishwariya Rai but in a slightly different shape. While I think it looks nice on both actresses, I prefer the one worn by Deepika because the high neck and the updo hair-style makes it look more elegant, and I really like how the tiny splashes of orange are picked out by Deepika's red nails.


 Image Source

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the two versions of the dress, the Deepika one was better mainly because of the collar. Aishwarya looked gorgeous in her version though.

    ReplyDelete