Sunday 16 September 2012

Dholki Night #3: Pinks and Yellows

Day Three of the dholki nights was a bit busier, and of course, had plenty of Punjabi folk songs, Bollywood-style dancing and of course lots of pretty clothes. We managed to banish the boys for this one too, although it didn't stop my nephews sneaking peeks under the marquee entrance through the zip! The bride (my sister) wore a beautiful yellow, banarsi-print salwar kameez, and everyone else chose bright colours which looked really pretty together.
Unfortunately I didn't get as many pictures on this day, but take a peek at the ones I did take below!





And this is the outfit I wore (in pale yellow and hot pink of course), an A-line dress in pale yellow with yellow and pink beading and embroidery, with hot pink trousers, bought by my mum from Pakistan. I kept this look pretty simple with a side plait and some gold and pink earrings, which was really comfortable. I love this look because it's so flattering and classic, I've had this outfit for a couple of years and it still looks contemporary and feminine. And of course, I wore cream khusay to run around in!





It was great to see a lot of friends and family on this night, and the girls (as usual) got up to no good behind zipped doors. I did manage to learn some dholki songs after singing so many though!

No comments:

Post a Comment