Thursday 28 August 2014

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: Hen Night Jumpsuit Madness

I had my hen night a few days ago (not too much depravity involved, I promise!) which was very fun, as it's been a while since I've managed to get together with all of my friends for a night out! Normally I tend to wear dresses when I go out with friends, but I wanted to go for something a little more adventurous this time, and decided to wear a jumpsuit which I blinged up by stacking some necklaces, and some new heels I bought for the day!

This is what I put together, it was very last minute because I didn't get time to go through my wardrobe properly, and I was being all girly and finding nothing to wear. I did fall in love with these beautiful neon-yellow and grey heels (they sound hideous don't they?), which were perfect, dressy and simple, and which I love as as they are not the usual type I go for - you can see what I wore below.



Here's how I wore it, because it was in the evening and it had been raining all day, I wanted to stay warm so ended up throwing a navy cardigan on top. I dressed up the jumpsuit with my jewellery (more about these in another post!) and accessorised with a plain royal blue clutch. I also was lucky enough to have a new scarf waiting to be worn which went perfectly with the outfit and brightened it up, which was an Eid gift from my eldest sister!


Jumpsuit - Zara
Heels - River Island
Clutch bag - New Look
Scarf - Warehouse

I had a great evening with my friends on my hen night, we had some yummy Turkish food, played some silly games, looked at silly underwear and had some beautiful chocolatey dessert. My friends also bought me this sash to wear which said 'Bride to be' (I don't know why I look like a huge toddler in this picture, it looked much better in real life!):


I also wore a bright hot pink lipstick which was a matte lipstick in shade 'Pink Pong' from the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick collection, which was a pretty pink with a slight hint of purple that felt easy to wear and lasted the whole night (and also went really well with my hijab!)


I had a fun evening with friends on my hen night, there was plenty of silly jokes, silly knickers and lots of chocolates, and it was nice to relax and dress up! The wedding's only a week and a bit away now, and the festivities are starting up, so I'll be posting more details where I can!

6 comments:

  1. Hi i really love your outfit. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalaam alaykum.. love your blog and I follow you on instagram too :) have a fab wedding and may Allah (sbh) bless you and your husband-to- be a lifetime of happiness and I can't wait to see your wedding pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, the wedding was lovely, thank you for the duas :)

      Delete