Saturday 28 September 2013

On the Catwalk, On a Celebrity: Aamna Sheikh in Beautiful Elan

I'm a big fan of Pakistani model and actress Aamna Sheikh, she looks lovely in most thing and dresses very well - usually something chic and simply cut, rather than something dripping in stones or being too heavy. I'm also a fan of label Elan, which designs quite stylish Western clothes as well as some stunning dresses and kameezes for wedding wear (not to mention some beautiful bridal collections!)

On the catwalk
I like how sleek this dress looks on the model, although it does look more like a jumpsuit than a maxi dress in this picture. I've seen the colour combination of yellow and black before, and this dress has a slightly Oriental influence to it, which I think works well together and looks quite stylish. I also like how modest and hijab-friendly this dress it - it has full sleeves and covers up quite well, and would look great on those who wear hijab as well as those who don't.

Image from Style on Paper

On the celeb
Aamina Sheikh wore this same design by Elan recently at a premiere for her latest film Lamha, and I think it looked fabulous on her. Her hair looks really lovely in an up-do, and the slick of red lipstick really sets the outfit off. I also prefer the dress on Aamina because it looks a bit more simpler on her, the splash of yellow on the sash and the sides of the dress look great, and the dress itself is very flattering on the figure. While the outfit looked nice on the model, it also looked a bit loose on her, and on Aamina it looks a bit more realistically fitted without being too tight or inappropriate.

My verdict, she looks great, the dress is amazing and I'd love to have one like this in my wardrobe too!


Images from here

2 comments: