Wednesday 24 April 2013

LOVELY HIJAB: Hijab Jewels by Akhawat

I saw these a while back and thought I'd post about them, some of these embellished hijabs and abayas by Akhawat are beautifully extravagant, and would make great inspiration for hijabi brides, or even for those looking for hijabs and abayahs which are dressier than the average.

While I'm not sure I'd wear something a heavy as these, I do think they are lovely, and I can definitely see the appeal in them - the colours and jewels are flattering, they're eye catching and they're quite unique. I also like the fact that most embellished abayahs from this company have matching scarves (although they're not cheap!), and the fact that the colours used, like deep purple, peaches, white etc are very flattering colours which suit a lot of skin tones. I can imagine something like this even being worn by a bride for her nikah ceremony, or a registry, if she wanted to go for something more Islamic yet dressy.

I don't think I'll be buying from this company anytime soon (not because I don't want to, but because they're slightly too pricey for me!), but it's a great place to look for inspiration, particularly for women like me who are always looking for different ways to jazz up my hijab with hijab pins.





Images from Akhawat FB group and website

No comments:

Post a Comment