Monday 13 May 2013

On the Catwalk, On a Celebrity: Mahima Chaudhry in A Green Rabani & Rakha Gown

This is an old design, from Rabani & Rakha's fashion show back in 2009, but I think it's still very pretty and something which I find very flattering. I've seen similar designs to these in the shops today (although not as well made as this), and I'm certainly seeing a lot of dresses with underlays of sequins, so I think this design is quite current as well.

I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of maxi dresses, and I love the rich jewel green and emerald tones of this one, it's elegant, simple and sparkly, although it does look very flattering because of the model as well, in my opinion.


This same dress was worn by Bollywood actress Mahima Chaudhry, who wore it to the Miss India final show in 2009. There were mixed reviews about how it looked on her, some said it looked pretty on her, and some said it didn't flatter her shape and that her look wasn't great.

Personally, I really like it on her, Mahima isn't amazingly skinny here, but she still looks great in this dress, and I think the green tone suited  her a lot. I also like how simplified and elegant her hair and make-up looked to go with the outfit, it's simple yet classy - I can definitely imagine a look like this for an English wedding or party.

The main difference I really noticed with this dress was that it was all one shade of green, unlike the original on the catwalk which seems to have light and dark greens which has a different effect. While I like both versions, I think Mahima's one looks more simpler and makes the green more striking, particularly as there is embellishment and a lot of sequins all over the dress. I also like the long, draped sleeves which look kind of like a dupatta scarf too, which also adds a touch of elegance to the dress. So all in all, I think this was pulled off quite well by Mahima :)



 Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment