Wednesday 2 September 2015

Things I've been doing: August Edition

July was been a little quiet for me (apart from Eid!) but I managed to keep myself busy in August! It also helped that my nieces and nephews were on summer holidays which meant we wanted to plan more stuff to do.

Had a tea party
I spent a good few weeks cutting out random things, decorating my living room and looking up random recipes for this, which meant being a lot quieter on the blogging front, but it all came together pretty well, and thankfully everyone loved it. You can see my post about this here, but the theme was the Mad Hatter's Tea Party (with added florals, pastels and book themes!) and there was a range of cakes and cold food, followed by lots of hot food (because we're Asians and it's just not a party without a few samosas!)


Been to a few weddings 
I've had a few weddings this Bank Holiday and a couple of weeks ago, which meant pulling out my pretties from my wardrobe - here's a look at some of things I wore. I'll be doing post on some of these soon, but it's nice to see lots of colours and styles together!


Went shopping!
If you've been reading this blog a while, you'll know I love my shopping and I can't resist a good bargain. I'm always on the look out for new styles and outfits, and I learned a lot from my last shopping experience looking for Eid outfits. I'm keeping an eye out for new outfits for upcoming weddings and Eids (don't worry, I've also been throwing out and selling my old outfits too!), and it's interesting to see how fast fashion is adapting.

Here's a few of the outfits I've seen in the last week or so, that I've been liking, there's a lot of pretty florals out there that I'm loving, so I'm hoping my next outfit will be a floral one!


Got a few gifts
Including a lovely keyring from Morrocco from a friend of my husband and mine - I picked the yellow drum because I thought it looked cute!


Mr Curly Fries and I have still got more things planned for the rest of this year - we have our first wedding anniversary in September (yaayy!), birthdays and we're also considering taking a holiday if possible - otherwise lots of days out!

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment