Saturday 22 March 2014

GLAMOROUS ACCESSORIES: Mrinalini Chandra's Funky Chair-Motif Kalire

I saw a few pictures of Mrinalini Chandra's submission for Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Summer/Resort 2014, and thought her collection was a very funky one. The designer showcased her collection, called "Please Have a Seat", incorporating a chair motif into some of her jewellery (there was a bangle cuff which had a chair design entwined into it, and a bangle with a dining table and chairs for example!)

Among the designer's collection was this set of kalire, also with the same motif of chairs set around glass pieces dangling from the wrists, which I though was a very interesting idea. I'm not sure how wearable this is for a real bride, but it's certainly an interesting interpretation of such a traditional accessory, and I like it veers away from the norm.

While not everyone will like these (my sisters hated it), I think it's certainly very funky and different - it may just be something for a bride looking for something different, or it could just be a statement piece which doesn't necessarily have to be worn. I'm not so sure I'd wear something with chairs in it myself, but I do like miniature things so I'd probably just end up having it on display somewhere!

What do you think of these kalire (and this collection?)


 Images from here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment